Monday, May 15, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 15 May

Saw a lot more cyclists this morning, the downside of this is that the muppet cyclists out there seem to have pissed off drivers more than usual; I was buzzed closely by several cars this morning. I think I'll have to look into a flash flag to hang off my rack - it's amazing how unwilling drivers are to scratch their own vehicle, but they're quite happily to drive dangerously close to another...

Distance logged: 12.727km
Time: 31:33
Average speed: 24.2km/hr
Max speed: 56.9 km/hr
Temperature: 11C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2809.245km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.48
Monthly distance: 166.988km
Monthly cost per km: $0.56

1 Comments:

Blogger Scout Seventeen said...

it's amazing how unwilling drivers are to scratch their own vehicle, but they're quite happily to drive dangerously close to another...

Indeed! I see this kind of behavior all the time in Portland, and it amazes me. The other day, I was riding on a two lane country road. I was as far to the right as possible when this car came up fast behind me, veered into the oncoming lane, gunned it past me (even though I was going 12 MPH) and then honked at the driver in the oncoming traffic lane before turning hard back into our lane.

Thank God Oregon drivers don't carry guns. Oh, wait...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home