Sunday, July 23, 2006

Maintenance day

Spent most of the weekend truing up wheels. I did both the wheels on the Nishiki, and it feels quite a bit faster and more agile (although, to be fair, that could be either psychosomatic, or the effect of freshly inflated tyres). I did the front wheel of the hybrid after repeated retruings, but the rear wheel took quite a bit of work as it kept going out of shape. I ended up loosening all the spokes and tensioning up to the same tension either side all the way round, then tediously winding on each spoke on the right hand side 1/4 turn all the way around until it was up to tension. After that I checked the tension on the tensionmeter again and it was reasonably within limits. I'm going to leave it overnight to settle just to see what happens. I have a suspicion that the rim may just be worn out after being hammered over the trails for a thousand km or so last year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home