Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ride home for Tuesday, 18 July

Another windy ride home, which at least had the advantage of cooling me off from the heat.

Muppet of the day was the elderly woman driver who reversed out of her driveway without looking. I saw her before she made it past the curb and slammed the brakes on and stodd there watching her. When she was all the way past the curb she finally decided to look for other traffic and saw me standing there staring at her with my arms folded. She looked at me, mouthed "oh my god!" at me and drove back into her driveway at speed. A definite case in favour of requiring a driving retest after the age of retirement...

Distance logged: 14.968km
Time: 41:07
Average speed: 21.8km/hr
Max speed: 57.7 km/hr
Temperature: 27C, breezy
Cumulative distance: 4080.186km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.45
Monthly distance: 458.792km
Monthly cost per km: $0.28

1 Comments:

Blogger Scout Seventeen said...

Ahm, yes. . . how effective the silent stare. I like the addition of folded arms, and will add that to my repertoire.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 12:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home