Monday, July 10, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 10 July

A relatively uneventful ride home, although I was amused by an older gentleman in a rather large car (Oldsmobile, or something of that flavour) who shouted out his window to me that I shouldn't be taking all the road. As I was riding uphill, I didn't have the breath to point out that at least 6 bikes could fit in the space that his one car was taking up. I was not entirely surprised at the lights where his positioning was haphazard and he managed to block the bike lane.

Took a spin up to the farmer's market on the way home and picked up some vegetables for the next few days; I was glad of the low gearing on the touring bike climbing up over the hill home. Saw some bike police cresting the hill coming the other way; they didn't look too happy in their cotton navy blue shirts and shorts, I hope someone realises that an alternative fabric and colour would be a better idea sooner rather than later...

Distance logged: 18.944km
Time: 58:36
Average speed: 19.4km/hr
Max speed: 62.5 km/hr
Temperature: 22C-23C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3822.099km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.44
Monthly distance: 200.705km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home