Monday, July 24, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 24 July

A wet and soggy ride in, as the tail end of the tropical storm passed over. I had kneewarmers on under my rain pants with the idea of protecting the scab from last weekend; it was a great idea in theory (stop all the crap like heavy metals from brake pads flying into an open wound) but in practice it sucked as the knee warmers pulled the top layer off. It was raining pretty hard, hard enough that I had to pour water out of my boots; I'm definitely going to look into Dougii's suggestion of navy surplus sea boots. The dehumidifiers in the server room are now working overtime trying to suck moisture out of the air as well as my clothes!

Distance logged: 12.850km
Time: 33:06
Average speed: 23.3km/hr
Max speed: 55.6 km/hr
Temperature: 17C, moderate to heavy rain
Cumulative distance: 4193.479km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 572.085km
Monthly cost per km: $0.47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home