Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ride for Saturday, 12 August

A friend of mine decided to have a boys' night in, as his wife was going out for a girls' night out with some of her friends. I headed out in the early afternoon and stopped off at the liquor store for some beer and wine (where I was warned by the cashier that people coming from Halifax were reporting heavy rain, but it seemed to be heading towards Bedford) and over to M&M's to pick up dessert - I was extremely pleased to find that the Tuxedo Truffle Cake fit perfectly in my rack trunk. The clip-on rack was a little wobbly, but it did the trick.

The ride over to Dartmouth was clear, the road was wet in patches in Halifax where it had been raining, but once I was over the bridge it was clear. Riding through downtown Dartmouth I spotted one of the Affordable Rides guys (Nick, I think) all armoured up ready to hit the trails. I nodded and grinned at him as I navigated my way around a pothole, and he waved back at me - he probably smiled back but I couldn't really tell through the full face armour!

Distance logged: 20.690km
Time: 53:00
Average speed: 23.4km/hr
Max speed: 63.9 km/hr
Temperature: 19C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4752.984km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.45
Monthly distance: 254.459km
Monthly cost per km: $0.33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home