Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 14 September

Went down to IdealBikes to take pictures (and rack up GPS tracks...); took pictures of a few bikes, then took pictures of the accessories to add to the site. I cadged a set of brake pads off Dave and fit them to my bike as my front ones were pretty much worn through. I checked my rear brakes after and, while they weren't in quite such a parlous state as the front, they were defnitely in need of change, so I cadged another set. After installing the new pads, I had to twiddle with the cable to loosen it, as the new pads meant there wasn't quite enough clearance, even wth the barrel adjuster on the cx brake handles all the way out. I ended up have to take the front wheel out to true it, as it was rather whaley; looks like I'm going to be doing a bunch of truing at some point. I finally got out of there around 8, and drove home in the dark.

Distance logged: 16.009km
Time: 42:58
Average speed: 22.4km/hr
Max speed: 56.8 km/hr
Temperature: 20C-14C
Cumulative distance: 5668.215km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.43
Monthly distance: 386.926km
Monthly cost per km: $0.32

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog was a great find! So good to see that cycling in Hfx is actually getting a blog subculture.

can you send this link around to all your cycling friends,

www.velocapebreton.com and ask them to sign the petition asking for some real $$ from the province to improve cycling infrastructure, in HRM and in the rest of NS?

much appreciated!

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:52:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home