Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 21 September

Went into MEC at lunchtime and picked up a couple of headset wrenches so I could grease the headset on the hybrid - it's starting to sound really bad. Went to IdealBikes after work and photographed some more bikes. Talked to Martin about the midnight ride next month and suggested we ride somewhere and have a fire, as they do in Minneapolis. I didn't know anywhere we could go, but Martin suggested one of the lakes off St Margaret's Bay Road - First Chain Lake, if I recall correctly, as there's a path by the railway tracks to get there. The only problem is it's a really steep hill up there, which might deter a few people, so if anyone can suggest somewhere relatively close to the city where we could have a fire that's away from people I'd be interested. Martin and I agreed to go off after Critical Mass next week on a scouting/firewood acquisition expedition to take a look to see how feasible it would be, if anyone wants to come along then the more the merrier!

There's also going to be an alleycat race scheduled some time in the week before Halloween (27th?), maybe this time I'll finish with better than a DFL or DNF but with my notoriously bad sense of direction I'm not going to hold my breath...

Distance logged: 13.275km
Time: 39:39
Average speed: 20.1km/hr
Max speed: 48.8 km/hr
Temperature: 15C
Cumulative distance: 5975.091km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 693.802km
Monthly cost per km: $0.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home