Monday, September 18, 2006

Ride for Sunday, 17 September

Went out for a ride, got as far as Tantallon, and decided that since it was such a nice day I'd keep riding and do the Aspotogan Peninsula ride. I stopped off at the Swiss Air 111 memorial for a break and a bite to eat, and a couple in a truck pulled up for a wander round. They seemed rather surprised that I was riding all the way around the peninsula and asked where I parked. When I told them I'd ridden from Halifax, they asked where I was staying for the night. After I told them I was riding back to Halifax and should be back in time for a late supper, they seemed stunned that such a feat was possible, for some reason. I set off shortly after and was cruising along the twisty roads at around 30km/hr when I saw the truck come up behind me. They hung back behind the corners for quite a while, missing a few chances to pass - I'm assuming because they wanted to see if I could keep the speed up - then passed me with a cheery toot and a wave.

Today was the first ride with my new handlebar bag, I found it really handy for pulling bars out of to eat on the road without having to stop.

Some rather unexciting pictures of the scenery are here.

Distance logged: 147.49km
Time: 322:05
Average speed: 27.4km/hr
Max speed: 69.7 km/hr
Temperature: 23C-19C
Cumulative distance: 5873.279km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 591.990km
Monthly cost per km: $0.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home