Sunday, September 17, 2006

Maintenance day

I was going to repack the headset in the hybrid since it's making some horrendous noises, however I was brought up short by the reminder that I have a 32mm wrench, but not a 36mm, which is what the hybrid looks to need. Instead, I worked on the road bike, replacing the rear tyre and tube (and the rim tape, since the puncture was on the inside of the tube facing the rim - very odd), and truing both wheels (and also making extra sure the brake blocks were all tight). I also replaced the chain, since the KMC chain wore out after about 2500km of riding. The SRAM chain was two links too short, though, so I ended up bodging in some SRAM chain from when I replaced the chain on the hybrid by using a KMC masterlink, as well as the SRAM masterlink. Hopefully I won't get any problems from that...

I also fitted the handlebar bag and cage that I picked up on Wednesday. The handlebar bag looks like it'll carry quite a bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home