Monday, September 18, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 18 September

Muppet of the day was the passenger in the car who overtook me without signalling 20 metres from a red light on Lacewood and Willett, forcing me to jam on my brakes and skid off to the side. Said muppet wound down his window and screamed at me, "you shouldn't be going so fast!"; the driver, a female, appeared to be mortified and stared straight in front. I had a discussion with the passenger involving the finer points of overtaking (specifically, how signals should be used to indicate lane changes, and how I was doing 40km/hr going downhill which was well under the speed limit). I left him raging and shouting at me, as that seems the best revenge - the idea that the muppet is futilely screaming while I ride away around the stopped traffic somehow appeals to me.

A short ride in otherwise, as I was tired from the ride yesterday.

Distance logged: 11.374km
Time: 27:37
Average speed: 24.7km/hr
Max speed: 65.9 km/hr
Temperature: 14C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 5884.653km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 603.364km
Monthly cost per km: $0.24

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Don't you love it when people feel that they need to save you from your crazy, unsafe behavior?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home