Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 26 October

Picked up my new bike, the guys did a bang-up job putting it together! My only problem is the new saddle, it's (quite literally) a pain in the arse. It's a gel saddle, so I shouldn't have expected any different. I'm going to see if I can swap it out for another one tomorrow when I'm down there. Other than that it's great to ride, and the friction shifters have a nice "click" to them, and work really nicely.

Got photos and video of the projects Martin and Chris have been working on. I believe they're going to be riding their new project bikes in tomorrow's Halifax Critical Mass so I'm not going to spoil the surprises!

Spent the evening personalising the new bike - moving the bars round to an angle I like, adding all the lights, and making a start on putting the reflective tape on.

Distance logged: 11.550km
Time: 36:14
Average speed: 19.1km/hr
Max speed: 44.6 km/hr
Temperature: 4C
Cumulative distance: 6775.734km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 617.394km
Monthly cost per km: $0.14

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oct 26, my birtday! I'm spending today, like all days since October 10, recovering from extensive injuries to my wrist, broken collar bone, and misc muscle and ligament damage. The paiful aftermath of a hit-and-run is two surgeries and bone graft. The surgeons are pleased with their work but quick to mention that this the most damage they have ever repaired. The hitter is still unknown as no witnesses got the plate. No biking for me for a while....if ever.

Friday, October 27, 2006 4:31:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Ouch! Hope you had a good birthday, and my commiserations on your accident - it sounds like you got dinged really badly. Heal soon, and good luck getting back on the bike!

Monday, October 30, 2006 8:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home