Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 05 October

Rode in via Bedford for a doctor's appointment. Environment Canada's forecast was for "light rainshowers", which was (to use a French expression) un crock de merde. It absolutely chucked it down on the way there, and I was riding into a strong headwind. The ride back into Halifax was about the same, but at least this time I had a tailwind for most of the way. Environment Canada are alleging sun and cloud for this afternoon with a low overnight of 4C... It'll be interesting to see what it actually turns out to be like.

Distance logged: 26.204km
Time: 61:20
Average speed: 25.6km/hr
Max speed: 53.9 km/hr
Temperature: 16C-8C, raining, windy
Cumulative distance: 6278.763km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 120.423km
Monthly cost per km: $0.27

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how much I pay attention to the weather reports since I've been cycle-commuting. I want a job where I can get it wrong most of the time, and still get paid ;)

There is a municipal airport (CYKZ) across the street from the office, so I can get hourly conditions. It doesn't tell me what is going to happen, but at least I can sort-of figure out what to wear.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home