Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ride home for Tuesday, 13 February

Finally got my warbiking setup all back up and running after the fiasco with the dodgy cables. Disassembling the plug, desoldering the cables (with around 4 strands of wire apiece!), then resoldering with half-decent hookup wire and lashings of heat shrink seems to have done the trick. And if it fails again with the serial connector, at least I know serial connectors and I just need to hack up on of the multitude of cables I have kicking around (I can see a serial mouse from here...) and I can ix that up. I should also be able to do a similar job with the Treo connector, once I get some more hookup wire...

Distance logged: 14.399km
Time: 53:08
Average speed: 16.3km/hr
Max speed: 40.3 km/hr
Temperature: -11C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 929.234km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.24
Monthly distance: 305.981km
Monthly cost per km: $0.29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home