Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 10 February

Rode down to the Farmer's Market to do my weekly shopping. Despite Kayte's recommendations, I completely spaced out and forgot to go to the stall that sells Scotch Eggs. I picked up some mint from the herb stall as the sprog wanted to try it, he happily chewed his way through several leaves of the stuff when I got home.

Distance logged: 24.982km
Time: 90:43
Average speed: 16.5km/hr
Max speed: 57.1 km/hr
Temperature: -10C to -9C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 858.753km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.26
Monthly distance: 235.500km
Monthly cost per km: $0.37

2 Comments:

Blogger Kayte said...

I think you passed us on yer way to the market on Hollis as we stopped at the BMO bank - fsssszzoooooom!!!

That stall I mentioned is called Dorset Farms - I'm not sure how my brain mangled that into being some dutch butcher shop.... Mr. Pants & Pants Senior made that our first stop to get the scotch eggs & pasties (meat filled pastries) - and I took a moment to take note of the name... and felt suitably ridiculous. Oops!

The Sweet William's meat stall downstairs - thats close to the wine cellar, I talked to the lady at the Sainte Famille winery booth this week and they're just bottling their Crimson Spice wine now and they'll have it in a few weeks. Not sure if you tried it, but its really good and best served warm. If you visit their stall (when they have it available) - they'll let you have a sample to see what all the fuss is about. Their Avon Rouge is pretty nice too.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:42:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Yep, that would have been me going down Hollis Street - all a-tunnel vision obsessed on getting to the market before everything sold out!

I'm not overly keen on spiced wine, but I'll give it a go... thanks for the recommendation!

Monday, February 12, 2007 7:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home