Friday, March 09, 2007

Ride home for Friday, 09 March

I think I saw Mr Pants (other half of Kayte) on my way out of the car park, but his response to "hey! Is that you, Mr Pants?" as he rolled his truck to the card exit was understandably "hubloah?!" as he drove away...

Went into IdealBikes as I realised all the spokes I had were the same length. Dave had misunderstood me and thought I was building a front wheel, so he figured out the right length for the drive side spokes (only a couple of mm off, so I would probably have been OK anyway) and gave me some of the right length. He also commented that I just missed one of the readers of my blog; apparently she came in as she'd read about Ideal on my blog and wanted to see what it was about. Dave said that was because I was in so often, (go figure!), she left around 3 minutes before I came in though - so hello to the mystery shopper out there!

Dave Nauss came by and dropped off the sprog's new bike, which he had fun trying out but really needs straps to keep his feet in (since he has Cerebral Palsy his coordination isn't the greatest). I'll drop into IdealBikes in the morning (it's turning into a daily affair now!) and see if I can find an appropriately sized strap - I don't think clipless pedals will quite do the trick! The sprog has a full on hipster fixed gear trike, and his favourite manoeuvre is already the trackstand... He had his bike helmet on most of the evening, and it took some persuading to get him to take it off for (a very late) supper!

Distance logged: 12.701km
Time: 49:24
Average speed: 15.4km/hr
Max speed: 44 km/hr
Temperature: -6C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1513.004km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.19
Monthly distance: 228.987km
Monthly cost per km: $0.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home