Monday, March 12, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 10 March

Rode down to the farmer's market for my weekly shop and ran into Kayte; as it turned out it wasn't Mr Pants I saw, so Mr Pants' unwitting clone is probably wondering why he was shouted at by a cyclist on Friday. I also saw a couple of Massers there; I saw Angela as soon as I got in, she was there with her friend Kate (I'm guessing she was a Kate not a Kayte!), and promised she would be at this month's Critical Mass.

Stopped off at IdealBikes on the way home and picked up a set of pedal straps and traps for the sprog's bike. I also picked up an old set of Power Grips equipped pedals, in case they would do a better job, but it turned out they wouldn't - at least I got a spare set of pedals out of it, anyway. I headed home, dropped off the groceries and bike stuff, then went over to the new NSLC location on Kearney Lake Road. It is still being built, so there wasn't a huge selection, and I wasn't overly impressed at the complete lack of bike parking facilities - I ended up locking my bike to a drainpipe, but in the future I might end up taking my bike into the store with me...

I put the straps and traps on the sprog's bike and got him all set up with the stem raised way up and flipped around for easier reach - plus, note hipster fixie brakeless setup:



He rode the bike so much over the weekend that he managed to snap one of the straps, so I ended up replacing it with a piece of string as an interim measure.

After all this fun... I started coming down with something Saturday night, then started feeling worse and worse as Sunday went on, and ended up with the throat infection that my wife brought home. Somehow the sprog managed to avoid catching it, but the wife and I have been feeling pretty awful; I took the day off work today (Monday) and it wasn't until late this afternoon that I could stand up without having a dizzy spell...

Distance logged: 31.764km
Time: 113:53
Average speed: 16.7km/hr
Max speed: 52.5 km/hr
Temperature:
Cumulative distance: 1544.768km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.19
Monthly distance: 260.751km
Monthly cost per km: $0.06

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

Your son's bike is awesome! Well done. He must be loving it. You taking him up to the Cabot with that thing??? Grin. He'll be running circles around you and cursing muppets in no time.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home