Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ride home for Tuesday, 13 March

Took advantage of the warm spell to do a bit of mapping.

Muppet of the day was the driver who came up behind me when I was stopped behind another vehicle at a red light on Veterans Memorial crossing Robie. The muppet decided to start leaning on his horn despite the fact the light was red, presumably because I had the temerity to be in front of him. He then sat behind me revving his engine and when the light turned green and I followed behind the car in front he leaned on his horn again. When I slowed down and looked behind me to see exactly what was going on the muppet had to lean on his brakes as he was way to close. He then tried to overtake me on the inside but was unable because of the road divider in the way. An incredulous pedestrian who was watching this shouted at the muppet something along the lines of "hey, what're you doing, he has as much right to the road as you do!" After overtaking me on Jubilee (narrowly missing the oncoming traffic while I was riding round a parked car) he pulled over and parked between Henry Street and Edward Street. His (female) passenger did not look happy with him at all...

Distance logged: 21.296km
Time: 70:18
Average speed: 18.2km/hr
Max speed: 49.8 km/hr
Temperature: 8C to 7C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1580.614km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.18
Monthly distance: 296.597km
Monthly cost per km: $0.06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home