Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ride into work for Thursday, 30 August

Had a hospital appointment with the surgeon this morning to get my arm checked out. Rode down to the hospital, got an X-ray done, zipped down to Ideal to swap out my saddle since it was starting to disintegrate (I've got a really impressive bruise on one cheek now!), back to the hospital to see the surgeon, back to Ideal because I was a numpty and didn't tighten the saddle bolt enough, then on to work.

The surgeon said my break is pretty much healed and it's down to muscle rebuilding now. An interesting comment he made was that he had another patient in a similar accident who had her shoulder plated rather than pinned, and I'm significantly further along in the healing process than she is - even though she's around 10 years younger than me...

Distance logged: 25.418km
Time: 72:04
Average speed: 21km/hr
Max speed: 61.5 km/hr
Temperature: 17C-18C, foggy
Cumulative distance: 3114.625km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.27
Monthly distance: 382.400km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home