Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ride home for Thursday, 21 February

Rode down to the HCC meeting. There was a pretty good turnout, and I spent a large part of the evening frantically scribbling out receipts for memberships. We ran out of receipts and ended up taking some flip chart paper, cutting it into receipt sized slips, and writing out receipts by hand. The unofficial count was, I think, 67 members, and I have a thick sheaf of membership forms to sort through this weekend to confirm. Interestingly enough there was a request to have meetings on a monthly basis; maybe in summer we could have an outdoor meeting somewhere, which would make a good change.

There was much discussion of the CN rail spur land purchase to create a new trail, and a paper copy of the petition was circulated and well filled out. Crossed fingers this will go through - it would be great to be able to get downtown safely, although a way to avoid the mess that is Bayer's Lake Industrial Park would be nice.

There were students sitting outside the building when I left watching the start of the lunar eclipse; it was almost occluded when I got home, about half an hour later - I suspect they were probably a little on the chilly side by that point!

Distance logged: 11.873km
Time: 42:48
Average speed: 16.6km/hr
Max speed: 39.7 km/hr
Temperature: -2C to -6C
Cumulative distance: 1083.503km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.11
Monthly distance: 447.181km
Monthly cost per km: $0

2 Comments:

Blogger Land and Water said...

So that was you... Filling out the receipts.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:42:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

It was indeed!

I think that was the most writing I've done in months - normally I use a keyboard, so my hand really wasn't ready for so much work ;-)

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home