Monday, June 09, 2008

Ride home for Friday, 06 June

Rode the Bike Week Friday after-work ride. There weren't so many showed up for that as for Critical Mass last week, but there were still 20-30 or so. The ride was done in single file, following the rules of the road, and seemed to annoy drivers more than anything else - it was dangerous for them to pass, but they couldn't pass anyway because the line was so long...

After that was an alleycat down at Ideal. I managed, for the first time in my less than illustrious career in racing, something other than DFL and DNF! I managed to finish in front of both Krow and Carter! However, I learned at the race that drinking a Red Bull (courtesy of the girls who brought in a container full) followed by a Propellor Pale Ale (courtesy of Steve, one of the couriers) was not a great idea.

Distance logged: 47.333km
Time: 148:16
Average speed: 19.2km/hr
Max speed: 47.2 km/hr
Temperature: 17C-9C
Cumulative distance: 3177.115km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.09
Monthly distance: 209.793km
Monthly cost per km: $0

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a great alleycat. Too bad i don't know shorter routes on the penisula or I'd kick your butt :P well naw you've got gears.
Insane amount of km your rode today! Thanks for thr travel tips in England. They're stored in my human databank and will help as we plan out trip for the fall.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:43:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

I'm sure I'd do better if I knew all the shortcuts too - I'm still finding them now, but Roger seems to know them all!

Good luck in England, let me know if you need any more info.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home