Friday, February 11, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 10 Feb

Well, the alleged snowfall turned to freezing rain, which aggregated on the road as slush. Not particularly exciting, what a ripoff; we seem to have a cheap, chinese made winter this year. I want a refund, please.

Also, more spokes broke, so I ended up calling in the cavalry for a ride home. I think the killer is going over the railway tracks; the crossing is in such poor condition that I bounce 3 or 4 times going over, which stresses the hell out of the spokes and shatters them if they're at all marginal. Oh well... time for a new wheel, I guess. And perhaps a new route - which will mean more traffic, unfortunately, as the Fairview route is the most quiet of the 3 at that time of the day...

Distance logged: 8.755km
Time: 26:43
Average speed: 19.7km/hr
Max speed: 58.2km/hr
Temperature: 1C - 0C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home