Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 09 Feb

Definitely time for a new chain, mine is now feeling like it's on the verge of slipping in low gear - it's amazing quickly the salt has worn away the chain. Also, I need some more bike shorts so I've got one for every day of the week, plus some more cycling jerseys/t-shirts. Then I'm picking up my new touring bike in April. Plus Canadian Tire have a set of really...
odd looking panniers
that at $20 are damn near disposable if they suck. And I'm getting really tempted by the idea of a Brooks saddle, too...

How on earth am I going to afford all that?! Well, obviously, by riding my bike instead of going by car - saving $300/month!

Nothing exciting happened on the ride home. Forecast is ice pellets, snow and freezing rain for tomorrow and Friday, though, so things are looking up!

Distance logged: 13.818km
Time: 43:18
Average speed: 19.2km/hr
Max speed: 46.5km/hr
Temperature: 6C-5C, overcast/sunny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home