Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 22 Feb

The temperature warmed up, and the promised-for snow failed to appear. Oh well. I managed to round off the nut on my seat last night trying to adjust it, I think the thread may be stripped as it was extremely stiff. I took the bike into the bike shop after work for them to have a look at. The mechanic got the nut and bolt off, after some discussion I decided a change of seat would be an idea so I can change the seat position more easily - it looks like the seat is shot in any case, as it's originally from a department store bike and really didn't hold up well to the winter use. The only problem is, I have an extra-long seat post which they didn't have. The mechanic is going to stop off at another shop on his way in tomorrow and pick up an extra long post, and then I'll pick a seat out from their selection on Thursday when I come by to get it switched over.

After all that fun I forgot to turn on the bike computer when I left, and only noticed a couple of km down the road. Oops!

Distance logged: 10.501km
Time: 33:26
Average speed: 18.9km/hr
Max speed: 47.1km/hr
Temperature: -3C
Cumulative distance: 481.6km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home