Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 16 March

Windy trip home today with gusts of up to 60km/hr, not a whole lot of fun. They were, of course, almost all headwinds, with a few sidewinds for variety. Gearing seems very close to being fixed, it seems like it's only when I'm going uphill that it decides to slip - unfortunately that's when I really need it not to slip!

Fire trail was mushy as all the ice had thawed, I took a detour off halfway behind the sports centre, all the snow and ice was thawed there into a slushy mess so I ended up walking through that - didn't want to hit a 20cm deep patch of slush with my front wheel and go for a dive!

Also managed to tear off the windproof skin on my cycling pants. Doesn't look like it can be fixed by hand, unfortunately, if at all, so I'll send it off to the mother-in-law to see if she can do anything with them. I'll try wearing jogging pants and waterproof pants tomorrow and see if that works as a stopgap measure.

Distance logged: 13.752km
Time: 43:10
Average speed: 19.1km/hr
Max speed: 99.9km/hr
Temperature: 2C to 1C, windy
Cumulative distance: 765.421km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home