Friday, March 04, 2005

Ride into work for Friday, 04 March

Another nice cold day, no clouds, plenty of sun. The bike computer didn't fare so well, however; after reading reasonable values through the fire trail and down through Fairview, once I hit the steep hill the readings went bonkers - specifically, they were reading twice what I expected them to be. I saw this last fall for a while, and then it started working fine. I have a suspicion that the battery in the remote has to be drained past a certain point for it to work OK in cold conditions, which rather goes against electronics logic, but there you go. The computer itself seems fine, since it keeps time without a problem, so it's not an issue with the crystal. As such, I'm going to take the readings I got and divide by two, which seems to give near-reasonable figures (if marginally less than expected - it was reading fine through the fire trail and Fairview).


Distance logged: 12.901km
Time: 45:27
Average speed: 17.1km/hr
Max speed: 47.4km/hr
Temperature: -9, sunny
Cumulative distance: 613.725km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home