Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 06 April

It seems like I might possibly have found the magic spot for the bike computer, as it looked fine all the way home and registered realistic numbers. Unfortunately... it's not the best angle for viewing, so at some point I'm going to twiddle further. For now I'm going to leave it to see if the problem's really fixed or not.

Nice ride home, warm and sunny. A lot of very irritable drivers on the road, and (after almost being hit by another cyclist who was riding on the sidewalk and then rode straight across the road without looking and almost hit me) I think I might know why. The warm weather has brought out the idiot cyclists who don't pay attention to what's going on around them, ride on the sidewalk, and generally cause problems not onlyfor themselves but also for all other cyclists who get tarred with the same brush. Oh well...

I figured out where an annoying rattle was coming from on the road bike, too; the struts for the rear fenders are right up against the rack, so every time I hit a bump the struts would rattle against the rack. A few lengths of black electrical tape around the (fortunately, black) rack appears to have solved the problem; I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Distance logged: 12.240km
Time: 37:01
Average speed: 19.9km/hr
Max speed: 49.9km/hr
Temperature: 14C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1209.543km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home