Friday, April 01, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 31 March

No ride in to work today is it was too windy - I got to the end of the street and I was being blown from side to side, so I gave up, came home, and endured a car ride to work. I really hate stop-start traffic now.

So... if I didn't ride my bike into work, how could I have had a ride home? I had a ride home because I picked up my new bike! No bike computer so I don't know how fast I went (and it was still pretty windy anyway), but I could ride all the way up to the top of the steepest hill on my commute without a huge amount of effort. This may be partially because I haven't gussied up the bike with all the extras like handlebar bag, lights, extra fenders, etc, etc, etc. Picture is at http://www.idealbikes.ca/data/IM001134.JPG but will go away at some point since they've sold the bike.

My only niggles are the seat is a touch wide on the nose, and the front left brake ever so slightly rubs on the rim if I lean forward, giving an annoying "tsh... tsh... tsh" noise as I ride along. They're V brakes, which I've never worked on before, and when I tried fiddling with it myself I managed to reduce it a bit but the brake handle went a bit mushy, even after twiddling with the barrel adjuster. Oh well, I'll just pop into the bike shop tomorrow and get them to fix it up for me.

Distance logged: ?km
Time: ?
Average speed: ?km/hr
Temperature: 1C, cloudy, windy
Cumulative distance: 1071.294km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home