Monday, April 04, 2005

Ride into work for Monday, 04 April

Started out pretty iffy with fairly heavy fog, I thought it was going to rain after chucking it down all night, but then it suddenly cleared over the course of 5 minutes or so to sunshine. It got so warm I had to stop to take my t-shirt off, I might even have made it in just my jersey but I didn't want to push it too much. Skipped the fire trail and took the road the whole way, I didn't even bother trying it as I knew it would just be an absolute morass.

Took the beater bike in, I was a bit nervous to start as the spokes were creaking and making spanging noises (best description I can give!) but after 20-30 metres they stopped making any noise. Looking down at the wheel every now and then showed a fairly straight wheel - or at least, a pretty acceptably straight wheel for my first truing job.

Distance logged: 12.255km
Time: 34:20
Average speed: 21.6km/hr
Temperature: 7C, fog burning off to sunshine
Cumulative distance: 1158.734km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home