Sunday, April 10, 2005

Ride for Sunday, 10 April

Another ride down to Peggy's Cove, this time on the new bike. It was fairly windy to start with, with a lot of headwinds and sidewinds. After I hit Peggy's Cove, either I was out of the wind or it died down, as there was not much wind. I decided to see how fast I could go, and was rather surprised to see I was able to hit 50-55km/hr without too much effort on the flat! This was on the middle ring with 6th gear, so I still have quite a way to go before I hit the top speed - on the mountain bike the best I can do is somewhere around 45km/hr.

I also tried the new bike shorts I picked up the other day. I usually find I have to break in bike shorts for a while, but these were fine the whole way. My only problem was the seat isn't as comfortable as it might be, but I have a Brooks B67 saddle that will arrive in the summer on the Parent Express, so I think I'll just grin and bear it till then unless the bike shop manage to find something.

Distance logged: 93.893km
Time: 3:43:43
Average speed: 25.2km/hr
Max speed: 57.8km/hr
Temperature: 9C-11C, sunny, initially windy
Cumulative distance: 1348.598km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home