Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday 28 June

Nice ride home, right up until I broke a spoke on the ride uphill to Clayton Park. I debated stopping to fix it, but I was only 4km or so from home, so I decided to keep going but take it easy in lower gears to put less stress on the remained of the spokes.

When I got home and changed the spoke, I found out the hard way that the rim tape was pretty well shot when a spoke nipple went through it and punctured the tube. I patched up the spoke tape with electrical tape and put some more on the places where it looked like it was about to go, but I'm going to have to do a proper replacement at some point.

Distance logged: 13.113km
Time: 42:03
Average speed: 18.7km/hr
Max speed: 68.9km/hr
Temperature: 27C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2987.919km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home