Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ride into work for Thursday, 30 June

Moderately heavy rain today and the fact I'm missing a spoke in the rear wheel made me go fairly gingerly on the ride in this morning. I managed to get in without breaking any spokes. I did, however, discover that the cheap $20 "water resistant" panniers were not particularly water resistant - they managed to hold about an inch of water on either side! Oh well, I suppose I can wax them up, but it's about what I should expect for $20.

I took the bike into Ideal Bikes, and the mechanic on duty recommended a Mavic cyclocross rim, describing all the ways he'd abused them without any problem (his favourite seemed to be a 5 foot jump ending up with him landing sideways on the wheel). I don't think I'll be pulling any stunts like that, but hopefully it should do the trick for me. He going to try to get it done for me today, depending on whether he can get the rim in or not...

Distance logged: 12.621km
Time: 35:32
Average speed: 21.2km/hr
Max speed: 44.6km/hr
Temperature: 13C, raining
Cumulative distance: 3027.411km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home