Monday, August 29, 2005

Ride for Sunday, 28 August

Rode down to the Aspotogan Peninsula and managed to avoid getting waylaid like last time. Quite a good ride, with some great weather. Some of the highlights:

* Lots of stereotypical Nova Scotia scenery - plenty of small harbours with fishing boats. Part of the scenery was also a whole load of hills.
* A bizarre happenstance when I hit Aspotogan. I could see this huge fog bank hanging over it as I approached, and as I rode up the hill into the fog bank I passed a house with two identical blonde twin girls dressed the same, singing some rather strange song in harmony. Not spooky at all.
* Stopping at Hubbards to take a break and picking up some odds and ends in the store there, and being asked by the cashier if I was ready for my 4 litres of water yet. I said not yet, but when I came back and stopped on my way she said, "ah, now you're ready for your 4 litres, aren't you!"

Did a little ride around the subdivision to knock the kilometres from 158km over 160km just to make it a century ride, too. No photos, unfortunately, as I forgot my camera, but I do have a blogger breaking map:



Distance logged: 161.86km
Time: 6:36:49
Average speed: 24.5km/hr
Max speed: 54.1km/hr
Temperature: 20C-26C
Cumulative distance: 4677.973km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home