Monday, September 05, 2005

Ride for Monday, 05 September

Looks like I forgot to log the entries for last Friday, oops...

Today is a public holiday in Canada (labour day) so I went for a ride to see the Salt Marsh trail in Cole Harbour. I rode to Dartmouth, on to Shearwater, through Eastern Passge and Cow Bay on to Cole Harbour. None of the maps I can find online show the trail, but the Google Hybrid map shows it pretty clearly. I rode the length of the trail all the way through to Lawrencetown Beach, the trail varied from packed gravel to rough rocky trail. Part of the trail at the Lawrencetown Beach end was unfinished, but it was still pretty rideable.

I also stopped off at IdealBikes on the way back and Dave was working on my wheel as I walked in! He said if I could wait 45 minutes it'd be ready, but that was cutting it close to be home in time for supper. I'll go in at some point this week and swap out the wheel.

I took the camera with me, so there are some pictures of the ride. Blogger breaking map:



Distance logged: 91.193km
Time: 4:05:29
Average speed: 22.3km/hr
Max speed: 59.9km/hr
Temperature: 20C-22C, sunny, breezy
Cumulative distance: 4864.252km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home