Monday, August 29, 2005

Ride into work for Monday, 29 August

Bit of an odd one today. Had to go get some blood work done, as I'm getting dizzy spells when standing which is probably due to cycling but nothing to be really concerned about, but there's a chance it might be diabetes, so I went to get it checked out at the doctor, and she sent me off for blood work. As a result, I had to fast for 8 hours, get my blood tested, go eat breakfast, wait 2 hours, then get my blood tested again; all this after riding 160km yesterday, which in retrospect may not have been a stellar idea. I rode in to work on a shorter route and left my bike there, walked over to the hospital, and saw racks upon racks of bike racks right in front of the front door and quietly cursed to myself. I finally got my blood tested after a 50 minute wait, then went for breakfast and walked back to the office. After hanging around at the office, I stripped off my panniers and rode over to the hospital and had my second blood test. I was mildly surprised at how fast my bike was without 10-15 pounds strapped onto it...

Distance logged: 17.374km
Time: 47:40
Average speed: 21.9km/hr
Max speed: 58.1km/hr
Temperature: 17C
Cumulative distance: 4695.347km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home