Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 06 September

Looks like the battery in my bike computer is fading again, it kept dying on the way home. Odd, I put a new battery in the remote only a couple of months ago. Perhaps it's time to break down and get a wired version ($13.50) instead of buying a new battery ($9) two or three times a year.

Had lunch with a client who works at a car dealership, he was relating how SUVs are getting traded in by the bucketload - the second-hand lot is full of them. I also stopped in at Ideal Bikes to see if my wheel was ready, and they were really busy - the store was half empty, and there was a queue to get to the counter, which I'd never seen before. I talked to Jenna briefly and she said they're running full tilt and bikes are flying out the store, especially commuters. Go figure! My wheel wasn't quite ready as the wheel needed to be tensioned against a tensiometer - I guess they're trying to build up a really bulletproof wheel for me there. It looks pretty nice though, an all black rim with triple butted spokes. I'll pick it up either tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how things go at work.

Distance logged: 9.927km
Time: 31:35
Average speed: 18.9km/hr
Max speed: 46.8km/hr
Temperature: 24C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4891.869km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home