Friday, October 14, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 13 October

Late ride home (9pm) as I had to work late. That meant I got to see all the muppets riding bikes without lights. I started counting after a while, I saw 2 riders with functioning and visible lights, and 12 with no visible lights at all. I'm really rather surprised the cyclist mortality rate isn't higher in Halifax...

Had my lights going full blast the whole way home, they started fading around on the fire trail about 2km from home. I switched to the 5W light only and it was enough to get me home without having to pull out the emergency light, but I can see that come winter I'm going to have to use only one light when it's relatively light out in the morning - that or carry two battery packs! Since the packs are only rated for 2 hours max with both lights going I can't really complain...

Distance logged: 13.177km
Time: 41:28
Average speed: 19.1km/hr
Max speed: 48.2km/hr
Temperature: 8C, clear
Cumulative distance: 5666.983km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home