Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ride home for Wednesday, 19 October

My distances seem to be slightly off since I changed the tyres last weekend; I've been taking the slightly longer route but even so it's about 500m over. According to the manual it shouldn't make a difference, I can only assume that the semi-slick tyre is slightly smaller than the slick tyre, which I suppose is possible - the centre tread may be thinner as there's more support from the knobbies on the side. Not what I was really expecting, though...

The wrong way riders have returned, I saw two on the way home. One of them was weaving around on the road in front of me and nearly hit another cyclist who was coming the other way (on the right side of the road). He looked at me and shook his head, echoing my sentiments exactly. Oh well, another month or so and the snow should be here, which usually does a nice job of clearing the dilettantes off the road.

Distance logged: 14.437km
Time: 40:55
Average speed: 21.2km/hr
Temperature: 14C, sunny, breezy
Cumulative distance: 5752.167km
Cost per km: $0.21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home