Friday, December 09, 2005

Ride home for Friday, 09 December

Great ride home in the snow, I think a lot of people left early due to the heavy snow warning so there was very little traffic on the road - on a lot of the backroads I was the only vehicle around. It all went great up until I was turning into the driveway of my home, when I spaced out and did my usual "brake hard into the driveway" trick. This trick does not work well in 3cm of snow, not even if you're running snow tyres. The studs caught a few times and stopped me from going down too hard, and I came off without an injury, and nothing on the bike was broken either!

Unfortunately, I heard a cyclist was in an accident yesterday and is in hospital. Not much in the way of details, but from the way it says it happened at night and the rider had no helmet, I can't help suspecting that he was running without lights, too...

Distance logged: 14.241km
Time: 47:44
Average speed: 17.9km/hr
Max speed: 38.7 km/hr
Temperature: 0C, snowing
Cumulative distance: 6768.738km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.23
Monthly distance: 225.904km
Monthly cost per km: $0.17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home