Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ride for Friday, 24 March

I went to the Alley cat race that IdealBikes held; unfortunately I didn't manage to get there on time, the race was at 7:30 and I got there shortly thereafter. I picked up a cue sheet and set off. The majority of the riders headed down to the ferry terminal for their first checkpoint, I decided to head off to the south end and start there - after hearing the repeated whoops and yells I figured it would be safer. I figured without my mapreading skills, which at the best of times aren't particularly stellar, but this time really came to the fore. I believe I set some kind of record; after cycling around for about 40km (according to gmaps - my bike computer died on the way in), I finally got back to Idealbikes at around 11:45 - about 2 hours after the last contestant before me, and around 4 hours in total. For my troubles, I got a gift certificate (reading "gift certificate for English Steve for coming dead last in the alley cat race"), a DVD, a firework, and a cup of beer.

A fun evening overall, but pretty tiring...

The numbers below are approximations based on the time I was out there, so the average speed is my total average speed including the time for me sat there trying to correlate the course map with a real map of Halifax...

Distance logged: 70km
Time: 360:00
Average speed: 11.7km/hr
Temperature: 5C to -1C, clear
Cumulative distance: 1712.041km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 562.288km
Monthly cost per km: $0.48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home