Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ride into work for Wednesday, 29 March

Definitely hitting spring with a warm ride in. I saw more cyclists than I could keep track of, including one that I could only describe as a full-blown member of the OCP club.

The bike lane on Brunswick Street was completely blocked off by trucks parked outside the Metro Centre, and one of the trucks was parked halfway into the lane next to it. I called the police station to complain about it, and I was impressed when I received a call within half an hour from a constable on scene. He was extremely apologetic, but said he couldn't do anything, as they were technically legally parked - the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicles Act states that vehicles must not be parked more than 4.5 metres into the roadway, he measured it with a tape measure and they were all (just) within 4.5 metres. I guess this means that in Nova Scotia, bike lanes are de facto parking lanes... Makes me wonder what the point of them is.

Distance logged: 12.718km
Time: 32:32
Average speed: 23.5km/hr
Max speed: 60.5 km/hr
Temperature: 2C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1779.424km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.43
Monthly distance: 629.671km
Monthly cost per km: $0.51

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home