Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 30 March

Took a longer route in this morning as I was due to take an exam and wanted to relax a bit first. The relaxation certainly worked, as I didn't fail the exam. Unfortunately, I didn't pass it, either. The exam was at 10, I was there for 9:45, got all the paperwork done, went in, and... the client machine was unable to make a connection to the test servers in Utah. After an hour sitting reading the crappy selection of magazines (Lexpert, an Oracle magazine, and another one that made so little impression on me I can't even remember what it was called) at the testing centre, I was told that the Novell servers were having problems. I'm now waiting to see if they can get them fixed so I can go in this afternoon and take the test.

If not, I might be taking off a bit early for a ride to do some more relaxing...

Distance logged: 16.615km
Time: 40:45
Average speed: 24.5km/hr
Max speed: 55.6 km/hr
Temperature: 5C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1810.753km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 661.000km
Monthly cost per km: $0.48

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You are a brave guy to ride with traffic. You would probably be squished by a car/truck within 2 days if you commuted like that where I live. People here just DONT look for cyclists I have trouble sometimes just crossing intersections, seems most drivers here don't know the rules of the roads and right of way. BTW, thanks for the tech tips, they are really excellent.

Michelle

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:06:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Well, I used to ride around London when I was a kid, so Halifax is pretty straightforward (although I have to say, I don't think my parents ever quite realised just how far afield I was going). Riding in Halifax I can be comparatively slack in my riding style, I have to admit!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home