Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 29 March

It was so warm I was able to ride home without my jacket on, with just a T-shirt - no earwarmers or armwarmers required!

The ride home was a bit of a pain. The traffic due to streets being closed for the Junos didn't help, nor did finding my usual route closed off. Then I had a couple of muppets. The first was going down Connaught turning left onto Edgewood; I signalled to turn left, moved into the left hand lane, then I heard a car slam on the accelerator followed a couple of seconds later by heavy braking, and the muppet leaned on her horn signalling her displeasure at the temerity I had to turn in front of her - never mind the fact that I was going no faster than the car in front (also turning left). The driver of the car in front laughed and shook his head as the muppet screamed past, so he obviously saw exactly what happened...

Muppet number two was an SUV driver as I was coming up Bayers Road to the Joseph Howe intersection. I was freewheeling up to the lights, as they were red, but apparently that wasn't fast enough, so the muppet switched into the right hand lane, floored the accelerator, passed me, then braked hard and swung back into the middle lane. After he stopped, I was mildly amazed to see him take some papers out of a briefcase and start reading them. I watched the lights change, the cars in front of him move off, and after 5 seconds or so waiting for him to stop reading his papers I gave up and ended up going around him in turn. Sheer muppetry...

Distance logged: 14.714km
Time: 42:20
Average speed: 20.9km/hr
Max speed: 49.3 km/hr
Temperature: 13C, sunny, windy
Cumulative distance: 1794.138km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 644.385km
Monthly cost per km: $0.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home