Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 12 April

I think this was the warmest day so far this year, and if it wasn't for the intermittent wind it would have been perfect. Lots of cyclists around, too - I guess the high gas prices are really starting to bite.

Put the front rack on this evening (instructions would have been nice, but I figured it out eventually). The panniers work perfectly, so I think I should be able to do the ride up to Truro on Monday. I worked it out in Gmaps as being 94km. Gmaps also said I would burn 9500 calories just for my weight, let alone the weight of the bike, clothes, laptop, electronics gubbins, etc. Suddenly the 110 calorie Carb-boom packs I bought are looking a little insufficient...

Distance logged: 14.382km
Time: 41:25
Average speed: 20.8km/hr
Max speed: 53.9 km/hr
Temperature: 16C, sunny, breezy
Cumulative distance: 2094.955km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.52
Monthly distance: 284.202km
Monthly cost per km: $1.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home