Friday, June 09, 2006

Ride into work for Friday, 09 June

To make up for yesterday's uneventful ride, this morning I had a bumper crop of muppets:

* The Seacoast Oil & Gas truck that passed me with inches to spare, revving his engine as he did so.

* The Nova Scotia Power SUV driver that couldn't decide whether he wanted to be in the left lane or the right lane, so he drifted along the middle in front of me.

* The muppet who decided to pull out in front of me as I was accelerating down Brunswick at 35-40km/hr, causing me to lock my rear wheel and skid round him.

I really need to look into the plans for the HERF gun.

Distance logged: 16.173km
Time: 41:03
Average speed: 23.4km/hr
Max speed: 59.6 km/hr
Temperature: 10C, damp
Cumulative distance: 3312.276km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 197.628km
Monthly cost per km: $0.35

3 Comments:

Blogger Darren J said...

What's a HERF gun? I would do a search on the web, but I don't want to get flagged, then get stopped next time I cross the border. Plus other people are probably wondering the same thing.

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:25:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

HERF = High Energy Radio Frequency aka easy way to stall a car with a gutted microwave oven and a supercap...

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:17:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Oops... and a dynamo, too...

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home