Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 08 June

Bit of a wet ride in this morning. I was going to take the mountain bike, until I found one of the calipers on the rear brake was seized. I switched over to the hybrid instead, and rode that in. I'm definitely going to get the big ring upgraded, however it's going to mean new cranks as well as the cranks attach to the big ring. Having a top speed of around 45km/hr before I start running out of pedalling is just way too sucky.

It was a little surprised at how different it felt after riding the Nishiki all month; not only did the riser bars feel extremely wide (although they are extremely wide anyway), but pedalling was a bit more effort - the slightly different muscles used were enough to throw me off, especially pedalling uphill into the wind.

Distance logged: 16.569km
Time: 45:07
Average speed: 22km/hr
Max speed: 50 km/hr
Temperature: 10C, rainy, windy
Cumulative distance: 3281.223km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 166.575km
Monthly cost per km: $0.41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home