Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 07 June

A surprisingly quiet ride home - perhaps because (I hope) so many people were cycling in? I certainly saw more cyclists than normal, although on the way home I saw more random cyclists than normal - cyclists riding the wrong way, on the sidewalk, across pedestrian crossings, or in a fashion that can only be described as "random" (riding across a road behind other traffic stopped at a stop light and dodging oncoming traffic in the oncoming lane? Now that's random...).

Oddity of the day was coming across a home-made protest at St. Andrews and Federal of residents who were protesting against commuters using it as a rat run by holding up signs and walking across the entrance to Federal. My solution was to jump off my bike and walk it across Federal, which brought the following responses:

* Laughter
* "He's not allowed to do that!"
* "That's right, he's doing the right thing"
* "Oooooh" (take that how you will)
* "Mommy, he's not allowed to to that" "Yes he is, he's doing it right"

Regardless of whether I was "doing it right" or not, I certainly got out of there more quickly than anyone in a motorised vehicle. Coincidentally (or not), this was shortly before the section where I encountered my most famous muppet, oddly enough - maybe the protestors had a point.

Distance logged: 15.940km
Time: 42:03
Average speed: 22.5km/hr
Max speed: 52.5 km/hr
Temperature: 14C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 3264.654km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.48
Monthly distance: 150.006km
Monthly cost per km: $0.46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home