Sunday, August 20, 2006

Maintenance day

Cleaned up the hybrid after riding the dirt roads last Monday. I noticed that the dirt was packed in between the cogs on the cassette, so I took the cassette off and cleaned everything bit by bit. The rear wheel had also gone out of true (no great surprise seeing how rocky the roads were) so I retrued it. I think the rim is pretty much shot after all the trail riding, loaded touring, and grocery shopping I've done on it, as it's taking more and more effort to retrue; I ended up detensioning again and then retensioning from scratch, and even then I managed to snap a nipple - something I've never done before! I'm going to try to get through this year on the rim then get a new one next year, as the brake surface isn't too worn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home