Monday, August 21, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 21 August

Took the short way home today as I was carrying a PC home on my rack. I grabbed a box at work to stuff it in, and I swung by IdealBikes and picke dup a bunch of dead tubes from the dead tube box. The final result that I carried home (including two full panniers) looked like this:







Perhaps a little bit on the ghetto side, but I got the PC home safe and sound, so it worked a charm.

Distance logged: 9.984km
Time: 35:15
Average speed: 17km/hr
Max speed: 53.3 km/hr
Temperature: 22C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 5023.120km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.43
Monthly distance: 524.595km
Monthly cost per km: $0.18

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, if you want to use your bike to carry loads of stuff, check this out:

xtracycle.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:40:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I was looking at those, but they're best for 26" wheels, and I find 26" wheels to be a bit too small. The real kicker is they don't have Canadian distributors, so I'd get massively dinged on tax and exchange rate importing them into Canada.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home