Monday, October 30, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 30 October

I stopped off at Idealbikes to get a few niggles checked out. The handlebar is ever so slightly loose, and I don't want to tighten it any further as it feels like it might strip. Dan agreed, and told me to bring it in when I had the time and he'd get the stem swapped out. My other concern was the saddle; even though it was fine on the old bike, I didn't like it on the new bike. Dan took a look for something suitable (non-gel, non-padded, fairly wide at the back) but didn't find anything close to what I wanted. I took a look at the bikes on the floor and spotted a couple of possibles, so I took the first one and tried it out. It feels like leather covered with suede, I'm not totally convinced yet if it'll do the trick but it was definitely way more comfortable on the way home. I picked up a spare seatpost as well, so I can swap over the beater leather saddle I have when it's not raining.

Seriously windy on the way home, even worse than on the way in this morning, and it was mostly headwinds. To add insult to injury, the wind was blowing the leaves off the trees, so I kept getting intermittently slapped in the face with flying leaves.

Distance logged: 12.066km
Time: 40:51
Average speed: 17.7km/hr
Max speed: 41.8 km/hr
Temperature: 6C, windy
Cumulative distance: 6839.304km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 680.964km
Monthly cost per km: $0.17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home